Monday, April 16, 2012

My thoughts from Monday, 1/23/2012 - from Craig Hill


Awoke at 5 am and Ande, my taxi driver from Eritrea, picked me up for my ride to the airport.

I pulled up the daily Bible study Greg or Dale wrote and switched between that and the Youversion Bible program on my phone.


Good study from Psalm 62. King David must have been really hard pressed by his enemies to write this psalm. Don't trust in riches and don't think you will live very long. Life is fleeting.


I wonder about the life I lead flying around the country helping clients with information technology. It can pay well, but how meaningful is it? I sometimes get to really witness Jesus to my clients and other consultants I work with, but it's so indirect compared to preaching from the pulpit on a Sunday, or leading a Small Group Bible study.


But God's promise is great, and I too must work out my salvation with fear and trembling. I miss Regina and Micah already, and I am not to the airport yet.


But I will be back Thursday for dinner, God willing, and this is better than being unemployed, or deployed to Afghanistan, in terms of time at home with my family. I think of Sandy and George Cain's boys and their military service.


Onto the flight, security lines are short and easy. The Superbowl stuff is for sale everywhere.


I land in Tampa and call Mary Hassler, for the 3rd week running, but again get her voice mail quoting scripture and asking you to leave a message. She used to attend Southeastern with her fine husband Gene (now passed on), and she is a great lady. I've sent her an email too to her new email address posted in the church bulletin before Christmas. But I can't get a hold of her. I'd like to visit her while I am in Tampa working on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment