Friday, February 26, 2016

Love Remains by Joey Kincheloe


Love Remains

 

The passion was gone when he walked out. There was nothing left to keep him there.

 

When she closed the door for the last time, the fire had died. She was off to pursue the next thing.

 

Its kinda like the day or the week after Valentines Day. The chocolate has been eaten, the flowers have wilted and the shiny new necklace has already become just another part of our wardrobe. As the bling loses its shine and the mundane once again takes over, whats left?

 

Love.

Love remains. At least, I hope it does. Love keeps me going when I want to quit. Love keeps me running when I want to stop. It keeps me coming back when all I want is to bail out. When frustration mounts and tension soars, when apathy threatens and hopelessness swallows me - love keeps me going. It remains.

 

 

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

                                      - 1st Corinthians 13:13

 

I love you for who you are. I love you for what youve done. I love you, for my life, my history and my future are tangled in you.

 

I love you because you first loved me. I love you because without you, I am hopeless. I love you because you allowed a beautiful life to be extinguished in the most terrible way for me - for all of us.

 

So what happens, Father, when my passion is gone?

What happens, my dear LORD, when the fire has died?

 

Tell me please, so that I may renew my passion for you. Guide me please, so that I may once again live and die for you. Take away my weary spirit and give me wings to fly, to fly to you.

 

 

I have loved you with an everlasting love - out of faithfulness I have drawn you close.

                                                - Jeremiah 31:3 (the VOICE)

 

I dont want to walk away - I want to come close. And as I try to come back to you - back to when I was passionate for you - I thank you that your love remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment