Thursday, June 21, 2012

Yes He Cares by John Wright


John Wright

Yes He Cares

How often do I think about what God is doing in my life?  How often do you think about God and how he is intentionally moving in your life?  These are important questions because if we are honest the answers will move us to a better understanding of our complete dependence on God’s Love, Goodness, and Grace.

1 Cor. 2:9 says “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him”.  That sounds like Heaven talk and heaven is beyond our comprehension.  The next verse goes on to say, “But God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.  The Spirit searches all things even the deep things of God.”  (Verse 12, 16) “…we have received the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.”  The world is unable to understand God, but we have the mind of Christ.  Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s Temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?

Does God care about you and me, and as the song says “and all of life’s trifles”?  Yes, he cares.  I know he cares.   If Jesus cared enough to go to the cross and then send his Spirit because he was doing God’s will, then of course he cares about you and me;  the Father and Son are one on this.  There is nothing we ever do, say, or think that escapes their attention.

I know God has been an active and protective force in my own life.  First of all, it is because of God that I am in Christ, because God chose the weak things of this world to shame the strong.  I realize that I am weak, but that won’t stop God from using me.

Ten years ago I became gravely sick and almost died.  I came as close to the veil as one can go and not cross over.   For a long time, I thought about that experience every day.   What happened to me?  How did I get so sick?  And what saved me?  And am I so weak that something else bad is about to happen to me?  These thoughts and fears went on and on till now, ten years later I almost never think about it. What a shame because there is still a lot for me to learn.  During that time, God surrounded me and my family with his protection and with his servants.  I remember the prayers and encouragement of my family and the family of God, this Church (Southeastern Church of Christ).  I remember how we were supported and propped by so many of you.  I know it was God’s doing because you have the love of Christ that can only come from above.  I ask that God will give me the grace that I will never forget to personally express my gratitude to so many of you on an ongoing basis.  Thank God, I was saved!

So, with God’s grace I pray that we will all be reminded that God is with us and that God has done everything for us.  May the knowledge of the cross and the death of Jesus and the weight of his sacrifice always speak to us the answers to our questions.   Yes, we were that sick, but God saved us, and we are weak, but he will protect us.  May we never forget the answer “Yes he cares” and I know God is aware of me and you and he is doing his work personally through we who are in Christ.

1 comment:

  1. John, I love that, "First of all, it is because of God that I am in Christ, because God chose the weak things of this world to shame the strong. I realize that I am weak, but that won’t stop God from using me."

    ReplyDelete